Senior Radiation Protection Expert
The applicant shall support the evaluation and oversight of contractor programs related to radiation protection, including the contractors’ adherence to policies and procedures, for work conducted on behalf of the Department of Energy (DOE) at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant in Piketon, Ohio. The applicant would act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of Radiation Protection and Industrial Hygiene, work in a team environment, and provide day-to-day support to assist DOE. As a radiation protection expert, the applicant would enter into construction like projects, communicate both verbally and electronically with multiple personnel, and complete reports as directed for the team. The applicant would also apply knowledge of DOE Order 458.1 and 10 CFR 835 for the release of materials from the DOE site.
Applicant minimum requirements:
- At least 15 years of experience in the field of Radiation Protection
- Have previously obtained the Nation Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists (NRRPT) Credential or the Certified Health Physicist (CHP) Certification
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related Science
- Ability to work with others in a Team Environment
- Maintain or be able to obtain a DOE Security L Clearance
- Ability to drive vehicles, walk long distances, and carry items up to 15 pounds.
- It is preferred the applicant have:
- Completed a Master’s degree or higher education
- Have both Department of Energy and Nuclear Regulatory Commission experience
- Have extensive knowledge of DOE Order 458.1 and 10 CFR 835
- 24 / 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) Training
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.