RSI helps our customers develop regulatory strategies for large and small cleanup efforts to address federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. RSI has vast experience leading the integration of Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) actions at Department of Energy (DOE) sites. Our team of environmental specialists provides information and insight that serves as the foundation for project integration, prioritization, and sound decision-making. RSI’s expertise and innovation have provided accelerated schedules and project cost savings. We provide the critical data integrity functions for development of Data Quality Objectives, field data and sample collection, analytical project management, data verification/validation, and database management.
- Demonstrated success establishing working relationships with state and Federal regulators
- End-state strategies and planning
- Strategic watershed management planning
- Integration function for regulations, procedures, and orders
- Property transfer per CERCLA Section 120(h)
- Integrated site/facility characterization plans designed to “tee up” remedial actions, decontamination and decommissioning (D&D), and demolition
- Owner's Representative/Oversight of contractor-generated documents
- CERCLA/RCRA decision documents
- NEPA Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements
- Waste management plans/waste acceptance attainment
RSI offers the regulatory knowledge to address NHPA regulations. We provide experienced professionals able to integrate cultural resource management into the environmental cleanup process, saving time and money. Our strategic approach integrates environmental regulatory procedures with NHPA compliance to facilitate effective, compliant, and timelier decision making.
- End-state Development and Technical Implementation
- Integration of owner and regulator objective
- Safety Basis and Monitoring Plans
- Data Quality Objectives
- Owner's Representative and Oversight
- Performance Evaluation & Modeling
Our Project Successes
RSI has supported regulatory milestone achievement and generated over $2.3M in documented sustained annual cost savings for customers by consolidating waste characterization and environmental monitoring scope and by gaining regulatory approval to reduce and refine monitoring requirements.