Cincinnati, July 12, 2013 - The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) awarded a contract for Environmental Technical Services to Restoration Services Inc. of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, for support services at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant located near Piketon, OH. The contract was a competitive small business set-aside for a cost-plus-award-fee contract with an approximate value of $43 million, with a three-year base performance period plus one two-year option period.
Services to be performed under the contract include:
- Program Management
- Planning and Integration
- Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) and Quality Assurance (QA)
- Waste Management
- Regulatory Support
- Investment Recovery
- Nuclear Material Disposition and Nuclear Safety
- Environmental Restoration and Regulatory Compliance
- D&D Oversight and Infrastructure Support
- Technical and Administrative Services
The mission of the DOE Environmental Management program is the safe cleanup of the environmental legacy resulting from five decades of nuclear weapons development and Government-sponsored nuclear energy research.