RSI’s team brings the knowledge and expertise required for Long-term Stewardship to implement land-use controls, monitoring, maintenance, and information management of post-closure sites. We work to ensure continued protection of human health and the environment and support beneficial site reuse.
Our regulatory and environmental specialists support ongoing Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) facility remedial action programs. We compile and analyze environmental monitoring results and prepare remedial effectiveness reports and reviews. RSI developed a comprehensive tracking software tool for engineering and land-use controls across multiple sites. Our field records automation approach has many benefits, including improved data quality, consistency, and reduced cost.
RSI developed an implementation process for successful property leases and transfers from federal ownership to the private and municipal sector. Our approach provides the integration of multiple regulatory requirements to save costs and reduce iterative delays to the planning, analysis, and risk assessment process for property reuse.
We used our “Brownfield to Brightfield” approach and experience with the Department of Energy (DOE) reindustrialization program to redevelop environmentally impacted parcels on DOE property as solar generating facilities.
Our program includes:
- Long-term Surveillance and Maintenance (S&M) activities including surface and groundwater monitoring, data evaluation, and reporting
- Analytical data verification and validation
- Permit compliance monitoring of treatment facilities
- Asset management and Investment Recovery
- Federal real property transfer for reuse
- Community relations strategy and implementation
- Closure Verification & Documentation
- Long-term Stewardship and Maintenance of Institutional Controls
- Long-term S&M and Land Use Controls
- Long-term monitoring (LTM) and data management
- Public Outreach & Community Relations
- CERCLA 5-year Reviews; RCRA Monitoring Reports
Our Project Successes
- Completion Verification & LTM of TVA Ash Recovery Project
- ORR Water Quality Long-term Stewardship and Remedial Effectiveness
- Reindustrialization at Former Gaseous Diffusion Plant