Data Management Specialist
The Data Management Specialist is responsible for review and management of analytical data and associated records in the Oak Ridge Sample Management Office (SMO) managed by RSI under the UCOR contract. Data Management Specialists are required to communicate effectively with project and laboratory personnel who possess varying technical backgrounds. This position requires an aptitude for using numerous software applications (databases, spreadsheets, word processing).
- BS Degree in a natural science, computer science, or equivalent job experience.
- Working knowledge of regulations and procedures pertaining to records management (e.g. DOE, EPA, and CERCLA).
- Aptitude for mastering multiple software applications and the ability to manage multiple open tasks is critical.
Experience: Two years of experience with data management activities related to analytical chemistry or other technical activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the primary software applications used at the Oak Ridge Reservation
- Project Environmental Measurements System (PEMS)
- Oak Ridge Environmental Information System (OREIS)
- Ability to query PEMS and Tracker to produce reports necessary to complete job functions
- Familiarity with analytical statements of work and readiness reviews executed with analyticallaboratories
- Performance and initiation of data tracking (i.e., verification of analytical requests against laboratory sample logins and reconciliation of discrepancies/PEMS);
- Document Receipt and logging in of data deliverables (hardcopy and/or electronic) from analytical laboratories
- Performance of contract compliance verification
- Coordinate resolution of data deliverable errors with laboratories
- Coordinate record transfers to the Document Management Center (DMC) for archival
- Coordinate record transfers to the external clients under the Work-for-Others Program
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.