RSI is actively seeking a talented and experienced Environmental Scientist with CERCLA Technical writing experience. An experienced Environmental Scientist with a strong CERCLA characterization/remediation background may be particularly suitable for this position. The individual will interface with a multidisciplinary team in the preparation of characterization and remediation closure documents. This position will be responsible for interfacing with project managers during implementation of CERCLA ROD decisions and generate documents at ETTP for implementation and closure for Remedial Action site. This position will work with the regulatory core team (DOE, TDEC and EPA) to address comments relating to implementation of the CERCLA decision documents. Experience in waste site characterization and CERCLA regulatory interface involving soil remediation and closure highly desired, with broad experience in documenting nature and extent of contamination based on the sites conceptual site model.
- Task management
- Planning, implementation and/or coordination writing CERCLA documents related to remediation and closure of CERCLA ROD and RDR/RAWP requirements at ETTP.
- Identification implementation and coordination involving a multidisciplinary team responsible for the identification and remediation of Soil Remediation sites and closure of those sites via confirmation sampling.
- Coordination with numerous soil and groundwater remediation project managers to insure all project objectives are met for the particular CERCLA ROD requirements.
- Must have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in related earth science/environmental science field from an accredited school or equivalent, and 8-10+ years of experience in the responsibilities detailed
- Experience and knowledge of the Oak Ridge Reservation (ORR) and the Department of Energy (DOE) preferred
- Experience in identification and implementation of CERCLA soil Remedial Actions
- Experience in closure of CERCLA Soil Remedial Actions
- Proven ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of EPA CERCLA document guidance
- Experience in working with Federal Agencies, DOE preferred
- Experience in working with State and Federal regulators
- Ability to obtain a Q clearance
- Self-motivated, requires limited direction
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.