RSI is actively seeking a talented and experienced Environmental Scientist with project management experience to oversee high-profile Soil Remediation projects in a complex geological environment. An experienced Environmental Scientist, Geologist or Engineer with a strong CERCLA characterization/remediation background, may be particularly suitable for this position. The individual will interface with a multidisciplinary team in the preparation of characterization and sampling of Environmental Units to identification Remedial Actions and confirmation of remedial action completion. Experience in waste site characterization and CERCLA regulatory interface involving soil remediation and closure highly desired, with broad experience in determining nature and extent of contamination based on the sites conceptual site model.
- Task management, project management
- Planning, implementation and/or coordination writing CERCLA documents related to remediation and closure of CERCLA ROD and RDR/RAWP requirements at ETTP.
- Identification implementation and coordination involving a multidisciplinary team responsible for the identification and remediation of Soil Remediation sites and closure of those sites via confirmation sampling.
- Coordination with numerous soil and groundwater remediation projects to insure all project objectives are met for the particular CERCLA ROD requirements.
- Providing technical guidance and direction to the project team and DOE customer
- Identification of specialty subcontractors and directing and supporting associated work
- Support the identification and procurement of specialty subcontractors
- Must have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in related earth science/environmental science field from an accredited school or equivalent, and 8-10+ years of experience in the responsibilities detailed
- Experience and knowledge of the Oak Ridge Reservation (ORR) and the Department of Energy (DOE) preferred
- Experience in identification and implementation of CERCLA soil Remedial Actions
- Experience in closure of CERCLA Soil Remedial Actions
- Able to complete 40 hour hazwoper training
- Proven ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of EPA CERCLA document guidance
- Experience in working with Federal Agencies, DOE preferred
- Experience in working with State and Federal regulators
- Ability to obtain a Q clearance
- Self-motivated, requires limited direction
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.