Perform project controls functions on a fast paced project in Chattanooga, Tennessee. These functions include scoping, planning and scheduling; earned value management; change control; problem identification and resolution support. This position is a hands-on role that requires significant experience in the use of Primavera P6 and earned value management systems preferably on major engineering/design projects. This role requires good communications skills that exude a positive, customer oriented attitude.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor schedule performance of daily (on-line) integrated field and shop projects.
- Develop the work sequence structure for a project to ensure effective control of risk management issues, efficient and cost effective work sequencing, resource allocation and equipment outage time constraints.
- Periodically review the project status by analyzing actual physical progress and reported activity completion and comparing that information to the project schedule.
- Document project progress and changes, forecast project cost and schedule impacts, and communicate progress updates and projections to team members.
- Conduct schedule review meetings to formulate solutions and approaches for schedule logic and resource problem areas.
- Prepare summary and detail level reports which are the fundamental monitoring tool to identify progress and problems with projects.
- Coordinate with various customer and stakeholder organizations on the status of work being performed and process logic change requests while analyzing these impacts on the schedule and resource allocation.
- Utilize the “lessons learned” from other projects to identify potential risk exposures and needed activities and logic changes.
- Perform risk analysis of the project plan to determine how to achieve reduced levels of risk while maintaining safety and technical specification adherence.
- Operate in a teamwork environment to resolve schedule constraints.
- Interface with system engineers, design engineers, operations, maintenance personnel and senior management.
- Utilize various computer operating systems and languages to transfer information in batch mode from the schedule to other databases.
- Develop various schedule performance reports, work status listings, computer code structures and resource analysis formats.
- Travel to project sites to support management reviews, as needed.
- A B.S. Degree in a technical or financial/business field, or equivalent related education, training & experience.
- Detailed knowledge of generating power plant systems (Fossil, Hydro, and Nuclear) is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of project control practices, methods, procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute or AACE International is desired.
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.