Performs varied professional accounting or financial work requiring standardized application of well-established principles, theories, concepts, and practices. Makes day-to-day decisions concerning the treatment of financial transactions. Evaluates financial and business information to prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, procurement activities, new business plans, government requirements, proposal requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Maintains varied accounting and/or financial records establishing or revising controls and processing transactions as directed.
- Prepares, reviews, interprets, and analyzes all types of accounts and records of financial transactions; presents and supports findings and recommendations; develops non-standard reports and statements (e.g., those containing forecasts reflecting the interrelations of more than one field of information); interprets and points out trends or deviations from standards.
- Assists in preparing reporting package required by Parent company typically consisting of Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Supplemental Schedule and reconciled WIP Report.
- Examines a variety of recording and reporting documents and summaries to verify accuracy and conformance with specific functional, corporate, contract, government, or professional accounting requirements.
- Prepares or reviews complex summary reports, financial statements or tax returns.
- Assists in reviewing, preparing and recording intercompany transactions with Parent company.
- Assists in ensuring an accurate and timely monthly financial closing process.
- Analyzes accounting or financial data and problems; prepares working papers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries indicating extent of examination; presents and supports findings and recommendations; reconciles GL accounts.
- Reviews complex solicitations (Requests for Proposals) and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Assist in preparing detailed and accurate cost submittals for requests for proposals.
- Performs a variety of business-related assignments in program and project management, including procurement support, budget formulation, execution support, and financial management support
- Assists in developing long- and short-range financial plans for achieving outcomes in relation to organizational objectives, and ensuring compliance with legal and financial requirements.
- Prepares and reviews cost estimates, forecasts, and change orders.
- Internal audit and Quality Control; review accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll for accuracy.
- Assists with accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll as needed.
- Requires knowledge of professional accounting and/or financial concepts and principles, plus working knowledge of related activities gained through specialized education and/or work experience of a progressively responsible nature
- Basic knowledge of general business practices
- Experience and proficiency in basic accounting functions such as payroll, payables, receivables, billing, and financial accounting; skill in analyzing and problem solving techniques as applied to accounting and finance areas
- Skill in working with and communicating effectively orally and in writing with internal and external personnel
- Very proficient in computer applications and common software products and accounting software such as Deltek CostPoint; able to develop complex spreadsheets with complex formulas, macros, and ad hoc report writing
- General knowledge of U.S. Government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and cost accounting standards
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Minimum 8-10 experience in a finance or accounting position
- CPA desirable
- Experience with Government Contract Pricing
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.