BS/BA degree with a minimum of 5 years of radiological, operational health physics experience, health physics engineering/dosimetry/training experience, and DOE/NNSA complex or Gaseous Diffusion Enrichment facility experience is required. Performs Radiation Protection/Health Physics engineering oversight functions. Typical job responsibilities are to assist and support management and facility representatives in the oversight of the Radiation Protection Program core functions by oversight of Site contractor’s ability in evaluating, monitoring, and interpreting levels of radiation and contamination in accordance with the DOE approved Radiation Protection Program (RPP). An “L or Q” clearance is preferred.
Essential Job Duties:
· Provides technical and/or functional guidance/recommendations.
· Contributes to the modification of policies and procedures to enhance radiological safety.
· Provides interpretative guidance regarding radiation levels and appropriate controls.
· Supports Radiation Protection functional areas such as sampling, data capture, entry and analysis support, documentation, procedure update, report preparation, or related areas.
· Provides technical guidance in interpreting standards and DOE Orders.
· Assists in the oversight of corrective actions in response to radiological problems.
· Performs audits and assessments of functional areas of the radiological program.
· Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
· Support the DOE PPPO Radiological Health Physicist.
Primary location of work is Piketon, Ohio.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.