Provides support to environmental characterization/monitoring teams performing various field (primary) and office activities in the acquisition of environmental data. Activities include but are not limited to field procedure compliance, field equipment calibration, field documentation (logbooks, forms, etc.), collection of various environmental media and data to include surface water, ground water, soil, sediment, water levels, various field parameters, and inspections. In addition, position may require support to various waste disposition and facility characterization efforts to support waste management disposition alternatives. This could include, but is not limited to working in various active and inactive facilities in the collection and documentation of structural materials such as concrete, structural steel, wood and other legacy materials.
- Provides environmental characterization/monitoring technical lead and/or support to field teams performing data collection activities in the support of various environmental regulatory agreements and requirements.
- Previous experience in environmental and facility characterization
- Related degree in environmental science, biology, geology, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Requires little direction-self motivated
- Ability to operate company vehicles and be insured on corporate insurance (clean driving record)
- Team players only- ability to work well with others on a daily basis
- Ability to work in inclement weather on a daily basis (rain, snow, hot, cold, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of scientific/environmental engineering concepts, experience, and demonstrated ability
- Knowledge of EPA procedures (chain of custody, log books/documentation, sample handling)
- OSHA 40hr HAZWOPER and Rad Worker II training preferred
- Depending on the project/customer being supported, some travel may be required
- Ability to obtain a DOE security clearance
Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, biology or geology. Experience in environmental and facility characterization.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.