Location: Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant
This position consists of general oversight of the D&D contractor’s nondestructive assay (NDA) activities at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant. The specific role is to review contractor’s activities for compliance with the Quality System for Nondestructive Assay. Candidates shall have experience in the NDA methodologies utilized by the Portsmouth D&D contractor as well as the protocols for work control and safety management required of DOE contractor’s.
Candidate shall meet the requirements of ASTM C1490-14 for an NDA Technical Specialist:
Education—Undergraduate degree or equivalent with emphasis in the physical sciences and one year NDA experience or a 12–year General Education (High School) and two years NDA experience; or five equivalent years of experience in the NDA field.
Expertise—Knowledgeable in one or more NDA techniques. Knowledge areas may cover one or more of those listed in ASTM C1490-14 section 5.1.
Duties—Independent technical data review; instrument calibration, and validation, measurement control activities, instrument operation.
- Perform oversight of PORTS NDA contractor.
- Quality Systems for Nondestructive Assay implementation and execution.
- Document reviews, assessment and field walkdowns.
- Oversight and configuration of blind measurements for the Performance Demonstration Program.
- Technical review of NDA contractor batch data reports.
- Technical review of contractor’s operating procedures and technical basis documents.
Special Experience Areas of Interest:
- Development and review of software Verification and Validation (V&V) documentation
- Vendor training on NDA software used by NDA contractor (e.g. HMS4 training performed by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s Safeguards and Securities group).
- Knowledge of and experience with DOE nuclear facility safety including technical safety requirements, processes and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of gaseous diffusion operations and facilities a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with HMS4, Genie2K, Peak Analysis, and ISOCS
- Ability to obtain a L or Q clearance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft software
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.