The Analytical Project Manager (APM) is responsible for providing technical support to internal and external projects relating to analytical needs. The APM serves as the liaison between the project and the contract analytical laboratory. This particular position is focused on analytical data validation in support of D&D, waste disposition, environmental monitoring, and environmental compliance projects. The position requires a broad knowledge of analytical methods, knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements affecting analytical data, and an aptitude for using numerous software applications (databases, spreadsheets, word processing). Additionally, the APM is required to communicate effectively with project and laboratory personnel who possess varying technical backgrounds.
Responsibilities may include:
• Provide technical support for projects
• Creation of the laboratory statements of work (SOWs)
• Selection of laboratory (solicitation and evaluation of SOW pricing and selection of lab)
• Schedule and conduct readiness reviews with laboratory and project personnel
• Sample tracking (i.e., reconciliation of samples shipped to and samples received at analytical laboratory(s)
• Performance of contract compliance verification
• Provide data verification and validation support per project request
• Preparation and approval of laboratory invoices
• Provide status reports for project managers as needed throughout entire process
• Provide technical support for the Data Quality Objective (DQO) process
• Provide technical support for Sampling and Analysis Plan (SAP) development
• Provide technical support for Data Management Implementation Plan (DMIP) development
• Provide support for external clients through Work for Other (WFO) agreements
• Provide technical support for issue resolution related to laboratory methodologies, procedures, and processes.
· BS Degree in a natural science or equivalent job experience.
· Working knowledge of applicable regulations and procedures (e.g. DOE, EPA, CERCLA).
· Aptitude for mastering multiple software applications.
· Five years of experience in analytical data validation.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.