Business Associate I
Job Description/Minimum Qualifications:
Under the direction of RSI ’s Business Manager, the Business Associate I performs a variety of tasks applying basic principles and concepts of finance and records management within clearly defined assignments. Tasks provide direct exposure to contracts and financial issues, as well as familiarization with corporate systems and procedures.
- Assists Business Manager in handling various tasks related to business management including records management; maintaining detailed and organized files; contracts administration; proposal preparation; and financial reporting.
- Maintains audit file for each contract which includes, but is not limited to, original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviation; modifications; and clarifications.
- Assists in ensuring that RSI is in compliance with legal requirements and government regulations by becoming familiar with and learning applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); Uniform Commercial Code, Department of Energy Acquisition Regulation (DEAR) Acquisition Policy; and working knowledge of federal government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Identifies and defines problems; plans and conducts research aimed at their solution.
- Gains a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Assists in company budget planning.
- Collects and summarizes data for conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Assists in preparing and reviewing cost estimates, forecast and change orders.
- Plans and executes tasks within area of expertise with attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Assists in analyzing and mitigating risks associated with contracts.
- Provides excellent customer service to company’s customers.
- Makes recommendations for work process improvements, procedures and practices.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Supports the creation of a friendly work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- Entry level position for an individual with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or in a field directly related to the work performed
- 0-4 years of experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good analytical skills
- General knowledge of basic business practices and fundamental business theories
- Advanced software knowledge including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and financial software.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or submit a general application, please click here.